Monday 6 February 2012

My top 5 favourite sewing books

Like many crafters, I have a large collection of craft books, my sewing collection in particular seems to have grown recently so I thought I would share my top 5 with you

1. The Bag Making Bible by Lisa Lam,this is my favourite book, although I had made a couple of bags before I got this book, they had all been from patterns this book gave me the skill and confidence to start designing and adapting my own bags, she has a new book coming out later in the year along with a useful Blog and Shop

2. The Fabric Selector by Dana Willard. This is a recent purchase but one which I am really enjoying too, its good to actually learn what I 'should' be doing with fabric rather than my usual making it up as I go along ! Dana also has a fantastic Blog

3. I'm going to cheat for number 3 and have two books both by Pam and Nicky Lintott - Jelly Roll Quilts and Layer Cake Jelly roll and Charm Quilts. I love working with Jelly Rolls as all the cutting and matching has already been done so that I can just get on with sewing and creating - I have made one Quilt from these books and plan to make some more.

4.  The sewing machine accesory Bible by Wendy Gardiner, a great little book which has helped me to get full use of my machine by figuring out what all those fancy feet actually DO !

5. Free and easy Stitch Style by Poppy Treffry - I love the machine applique and free style embroidery in this book, one of my sewing resolutions for this year is to teach myself how to this - keep reading to see if I manage it !

No comments:

Post a Comment